Four years ago, back in the Pre-crazy of 2020, I was starting to think about the transition to making my passion my main source of income. I bought a domain name, changed my Twitter/Instagram/Pinterest handles to match it and started blogging. I was good with posting twice a week for about 2 1/2 months, then I just stopped.
A month ago the auto-renew email from my host company came in. My original thought was to write a starting over post and go from there. After seeing about 12,000 spam bot comments that had to be approved or trashed, I just deleted that original website and decided to really start fresh.
My Whys for starting over:
- I totally bit off more than I could chew the first time around, I was determined to post at least twice a week. I didn’t even think I needed to niche down. I was going to be that major lifestyle blogger who was an expert guest on the Today Show within the year.
- If anything the 2020s have put things into perspective. I know I’m not the only one.
- I get Fitness and Wellness is a cycle not a continuous line. It took a confirmation of Psoriatic Arthritis and all the side effects for me to realize it. I went 8 weeks these past few months being unable to hold a high plank because my right elbow rebelled.
- There are things I want to know that I can’t find on the web. I’m starting my Pilates teacher training with a major agency. Going into my weekend of anatomy I can’t find any reviews. I’m a planner I would love to at least read about someone else’s experience ahead of time.
- I dipped my toe into the water by being consistent with my Instagram postings and using a DFY for educational Tweets. I know I can keep somewhat of a schedule.
The What’s and How’s of the restart:
- Gone is the idea of twice weekly posts, I know my schedule and my limits. I’m aiming for 3 posts a month. Ideally somewhere around every 10 days. I think that is manageable with the right planning.
- I’m going to check the comments and delete spam at least 3 times a week.
- My posts are going to be split between Recipes/Meal Planning, Experiences, and Fitness Tips.