Full disclosure, on too many occasions I woke up in the middle of night and couldn’t fall back to sleep I ended up sucked into Pinterest to the alarm went off in the morning. It’s like my dependency on caffeine, I own up to it. The weird pins were there to prove it, at least I wasn’t going for the middle of night Amazon binges. Middle of the night Amazon binges can be scary.
A couple of months ago, I realized I had to do a full social media purge if I was going to create an online persona. Facebook was the easiest, my account has been Grandma appropriate since she joined 7 years ago. Twitter, I mainly use as my news source, I only had to update my avatar. Instagram I barely touch, I need to get better with utilizing it.
Then came the boards, they looked worse than my dresser drawers. It was a watching TV and waiting in Doctor’s offices project. I searched for how to create a unified experience–on Pinterest of course. In the end I learned a lot about doing the purge.
- I had boards I hadn’t used in years. My scrapbook from vacation 2016 is still not done. Why did I need a scrapbook board? That board got archived. I had a board on closet organization from when I was an early failure at the Marie Kondo thing, it got deleted.
- There was redundancy I had meal prep pins on both my workout board and my recipe boards. I streamlined them into one sub section. There easy to find now. Recipes I’ll never make got taken off. 200+ pins of liquor and sangria recipes were cleaned up.
- I unified my board covers, it meant about an hour on Canva, but I now have the same background across all my platforms. I had a picture that I took last summer on vacation that I love. It also gave me the perfect color scheme to work of off.
- I got picky about what I pin, goes back to the clean up. I eat clean 90% of the time I don’t need to pin elaborate desserts.
- I created a board for all the random stuff. It lets me save what I want to save, but it’s all in one spot. That board is my weird pin home. I thought about making it secret, but I decided it can be my quirky part. I did make boards about unrelated stuff secret.
Online presence I’m still a work in progress. I’ll get there. What matters is that I found my balance and I’m creating the best me.